Sunday, May 18, 2008

My trip to Trisulti











Today I went to Trisulti. First in the morning at 7:20 we went to the church where my Boy Scouts meet. Then we started to go to Trisulti with a whole bunch of cars. There were three "lupetti" (little wolves) in each car. I went in the car with my dad and two friends.

So, we started to go to Trisulti. It took about thirty minutes. Near the end the road was very twisty and turny because we were climbing the mountains. When we finally arrived we went to a field next to the church of San Domenico. Then we played some games and sang songs. At 10.00 a.m. we went into the church. Inside there was a bunch of cool structures and paintings. There was one where there was a group of people kneeling down before three saints, but I don't remember their names. In the front of the church, by the altar, there was a picture of a lady with two boys. In the middle there was the altar, the priest and a cross. The priest said the mass.

After that we went to the snack bar where we did a few things. First, when we got under that roof, our leader told us to get out our Caccia (hunt) notebooks, which is where we keep all our Boy Scout notes. Then we wrote then sang a song, which I recorded on a video.

Then, when the rain finally stopped, we went out onto the patio where we played "Croccodile battle". After that, one of our leaders came running to us. He said there was a deer that we (as little wolves) had to catch. They had put out "tracks" (sticky papers) that led us to the forest. Inside the forest, Akela (our leader) said that this kind of deer, if he touches you, you're out of the game. While we were walking into the woods, we heard a strange sound, like a deer, so we ran towards it. Finally we found the "deer", but it was just our assistant leader dressed like one. We ran after him, but we had to be sure that we didn't get touched. To catch him we had to get his two horns and his tail. Then one of us got one of the horns. While I was trying to get the tail, I got touched and was out of the game. Then another one of us got his tail, but by that time it started to rain again so we had to go back inside. This was the most fun thing we did all day.

So, we waited for the rain to stop. In the meantime, we took a bathroom break and ate our lunches. I only ate candy. I didn't feel hungry, but later I was starving. After that we went outside again. We played more games. In one we each had a different color tail, and we played with a ball. We played that until our parents came. I was tired to death because I hadn't eaten. I went back to Frosinone with my Dad and with two different friends in the car.

Finally we arrived back at the church that we started out in (Sacro Cuore, Sacred Heart) early in the morning. There I made my official "Promessa". First Akela called two other new members. Then he called me. I went into the middle of the circle, had to say "buona caccia (good hunt) which is our salutation. Then I had to go around the circle and three kids asked me three questions: What are the rules? (Lupetto listens to the older wolves, not to himself), What is the motto? (Do your best.) Then the final task was to actually tie a square knot. Then I went to Akela and said the Promise: With God's help, I promise to do my best, to be faithful to God, my parents and my country, to observe the laws of the pack and do a good deed to someone everyday (in Italian, of course!). Akela gave me my bandana and my badges for my hat and shirt. From that moment on I was an official Lupetto (before that I was a cucciolo, which means a pup). After that I wrote the Prometto for one of my friends who needed to say it next week. (A good deed!) Then we went home. I was really tired and hungry. But I was glad I had such a beautiful day.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Dante, all I do is make the movie and my gramma does the rest. She says she just uses the video upload button on the page where I write my entry. I'm going to do it next time. After you do it, poof, you have a video on your blog.

We have something in common. You do karate and I do karate. In your karate do they do color belts or do they dye the white belt. I did karate while I was in Italy and was a yellow #2. And I do karate now and i'm a third section. We don't do colors here.

I put a link to your blog on my blog--check it out.

I'm going to be in italy in 4 weeks and 3 days. Check out the count down on my blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks kz, and I'll put a link to your blog on mine!

Here in my karate class they give you a new belt. I have a competition on June 1 and hope to get my yellow belt around then.

I'm going to try and put a video up on my website today. Thanks!

How long will you be in Italy? I am going to NY on June 14 but I'll be back in Italy July 17.

I like your countdown clock. I might put one with how many days there are left until summer vacation starts because in Italy the schools finish June 7...less than three weeks!

Jane said...

I'm going to be in Italy for two months. I will be in Tuscany. We come home August 18. I have to go to school now. Ciao and Bye

Alyson said...

Hi Dante - keep going with the blog! My son Alex has one but he got disheartened because he didn't get any comments. The secret is to keep writing reguarly and people will come! I'll put a link on my blog for you too.

Unknown said...

Alyson, thanks so much! I will put a link to your blog too.

I want to install site meter like my mom has. I think it's so cool when they show you the pie graph of where your visitors come from.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Ciao Dante, I found you through your mom as well; you're a great writer, so I do hope you'll continue! I also love your name :)

Auguri for becoming a Lupetto!