Sunday, July 27, 2008

We're back home now!


Here's a picture of one of my two new turtles! My mom's friend gave them to me because she knows I love her turtles. They were a gift for my First Communion.
Well, the vacation in the U.S.A. is over, we are home in Italy. I loved Philadelphia, seeing my family and swimming in the pool. Golf camp was fun too. One day I went to the beach with my cousin Iris and my Aunt Lori. Iris and I collected lots of jelly fish and tiny sand crabs in a bucket. I made my First Holy Communion which was very special and then had a party which was fun.

Mom says I can take some of the money I got as gifts and buy an aquarium. We looked at tanks. The one I want costs 300 Euro (more than $450). Mom says she wishes we could have brought one from an American yard sale for under $10. We have to ask and see if anyone has one they want to sell. The fish don't cost that much, but the tanks and filters do! I also got two little turtles from my Mom's friend so I bought a new tank for them. And we have the kitten I wanted, even though I am allergic. We try to keep her outside on the deck most of the time.


Next week I want to visit my cousins who have a beach apartment in Terracina until the end of the month. We might see them on Monday. I have a stomach virus for the past week and have to watch what I eat or I get pains. I'm sick of eating plain pasta! I want tomato sauce but my stomach hurts after I eat it. I can eat toast (plain or with jelly), focaccia, roast chicken and applesauce without problems. I think eggs are OK too. I had pasta with oil yesterday and then cheese and milk and I got pains again. Was it the oil or the milk? Today I go back to the safe list of foods! BORING!! Maybe Mom will make a cake. That doesn't give me problems either :).

1 comment:

Alyson said...

We have a tortoise lives wild in our garden. Haven't seen him for a year and he reappeared yesterday! I fed him some salad and then he trundled back off to sleep somewhere. On the downside we are getting all the abandoned summer cats in the garden. Last night they had a fight and burst our paddling pool!! :P